All-on-4 Dentures – Norridge & Schaumburg, IL
Repairing Smiles & Replacing Lost Tooth Structure
Full mouth tooth loss can be detrimental to your health and confidence. Even though tooth loss can be difficult and painful, replacing missing teeth doesn’t have to be. At Royal Dental Care in Norridge and Schaumburg, we offer a range of tooth replacement solutions that will meet any patient’s needs. For advanced tooth loss, there are several tooth replacement options, but All-on-4 dentures are some of the most innovative solutions we provide. To find out more about All-on-4 keep reading below, or you can call to schedule a tooth replacement consultation in our dental office in Norridge or Schaumburg.
How Do All-on-4 Dentures Work?
A removable denture is made using a gum-colored material to support numerous replacement teeth. Then, the base is fitted against the gum line where it creates suction that holds the denture in place. Traditional implant supported dentures use four to six implant posts spaced out along the jaw to hold the denture in place. All-on-4 dentures use the naturally denser parts of the jaw to support the entire restoration, making the dental implant tooth replacement process faster and more comfortable.
Am I A Candidate for All-On-4 Dentures?
Because of the innovative dental implant design and placement process, almost any patient who needs to replace one or both rows of teeth will be a candidate for All-on-4. Ideal candidates would meet the following criteria:
- Good oral and overall health
- Doctor approval for surgical treatments
- No negative experiences with surgery or anesthesia
- Commitment to complete advanced dental treatment
What are the Benefits of All-On-4 Dentures?
Making the decision to get started with an All-on-4 tooth replacement plan is a big deal, and we don’t want you to rush into it. Instead, we encourage you to take time to explore all of the many benefits associated with All-on-4 denture implant supported tooth replacement, including:
- Most patients don’t need any preparatory tissue grafts before the All-on-4 dental implant placement procedure. This decreases treatment time and chances for adverse response, making All-on-4 dentures faster and easier.
- All-on-4 dentures stay firmly in place while you speak, chew, and smile with total confidence.
- An All-on-4 implant supported denture can last for decades with proper care compared to traditional dentures that need to be replaced at least every ten years.
- Traditional dentures only restore about 20% of your chewing function, but an All-on-4 denture can restore 70% or more, allowing you to eat a wider range of foods.